New Post    Reply   

Message Title: roupan/teluzol
Author: Bob Ramsay  Posted: 06\12\2001 13:50

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I can not imagine how bad I would feel if this happened to me. Obviously this is not your fault and seems like some very bad luck.

I personally have darted about 30 times. Most times I have used reversal but once or twice I had to dart without reversal. In all cases, nothing negative happened.

People have told me horror stories such as yours. Always they did nothing different but the animal died.

One question. Is there a chance that the Xylexene could have been unusually concentrated?

If this happened to a person, I think the first thing that would happen is that the drug in question would be analyzed. What if, from time to time, the drug in the bottle, (in this case Xylexene) was not diluted enough when it was being manufactured? Long shot but just a thought.

What does not make sense is that all things were done the same, yet the animal died. Are the animals that recover just barely making it and were they that close to death that some small difference allowed them to live? I am not sure.

I don't have any answers for you, just more questions. Again, I am sure we all feel bad for your loss.

Let us know if you learn anything on this issue. We all need to understand how to prevent such a thing ourselves, if we can.

Bob